Wavlink range extender setup helps you extend your WiFi range. The Wavlink range extender is easy to use and ready to setup right out of the box. This article will walk you through how to use and setup Wavlink WiFi Extender:
Prerequisites of Wavlink Range Extender Setup
In order to setup a Wavlink Range Extender, you need the following:
Steps for Wavlink WiFi Extender Setup
Perform the following instructions in the given order for the Wavlink range extender setup:
- Check the power adapter.
- Connect the extender to your router but not so close that you’ll be within range of the router’s signal.
- The Wavlink WiFi Extender supports up to 300Mbps bandwidth and can work anywhere, even if there is no existing internet connection or WiFi signal nearby.
- Make sure that both ends are securely connected by checking carefully before proceeding further with the setup steps.
- Plug the Wavlink range extender into a wall outlet, using the power adapter that came with it.
- The range extender should only use a wall outlet that is not controlled by a switch or light fixture.
- Connect to the range extender with your computer, smartphone, or tablet using a WiFi connection or an Ethernet cable.
- Go to wifi.wavlink.com and choose a quick setup.
- Enter your email address and other information to get access to the app.
- You will be able to see the wavlink range extender setup instructions on the screen.
Choose Your Current Wireless Network
- First, select the device you want to add.
- The next step is entering a name for it.
- You can call this anything from “Range Extender” to “Range Extender Office”
- When you’re done with that, click Next and then click Add Device.
- Now, your new extender will appear in your list of available WiFi networks.
Now after your wavlink range extender setup, you will have access to wireless internet from anywhere in your home or office. Moreover, you can also connect devices like printers to your range extender using an ethernet cable.
Range Extender Setup Using Wavlink Application
You can also use the Wavlink app to setup the Wavlink WiFi Extender.
- First, use your phone or tablet to download and install the Wavlink app from either Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Thereafter, use your credentials to login into the application.
- If you’re a new user, choose to sign up.
- Follow the instructions you see on the application’s screen.
- Once you finish the setup with the application, you can begin using it.
You now have a wireless extender that will extend your existing network in order to provide Internet access wherever you are.
Common Setup Issues of Wavlink Range Extenders
If you find that the new network connection only lasts for several minutes. Or, if it shows error messages such as “Unable To Connect To Network” or “Network Not Available” then there may be issues with the compatibility. Conflicting devices plugged into different electrical outlets nearby as well as faulty equipment cause these problems. Also, it happens due to wear on wiring over time. It results in voltage fluctuations causing intermittent connectivity problems.
Do’s and Donts of Wavlink Range Extender Setup
- Never connect to your Wavlink WiFi Extender using the same password as your main router.
- Don’t use an extender that is too far from your router
- Do check that your extender is connected to the same network as your main router. If they are in different networks, they will not work together.
- Make sure your extender has power and is connected to your WiFi network.
- Ensure not to move the extender closer to your devices (unless you have a power adapter)
- Don’t use an extender that does not have a power adapter.
- Check the position of the antenna. Try to place it as far away from obstructions as possible, but make sure you have a clear sight of your main router.
- Ideally, do not place the Wavlink Wireless Range Extender behind a wall, metal cabinet, or metal objects such as furniture, computers, and so on.
- Plug in all cables securely, ensuring that there are no loose ends or crimps that could cause interference with radio signals or power surges in the future.
- Never place the Wavlink Wireless Range Extender near a microwave oven. Or any other devices that generate high-frequency electromagnetic waves. Such as a cordless phone, an answering machine or baby monitor, etc.
You can setup your Wavlink wifi extenders in just a few simple steps. After reading this guide and following the instructions, you have your Wavlink range extender setup.